Interfraterinty expansion for (Inter)national fraternities can occur in four ways:
- Formal Expansion Process: A formal expansion plan approved by IFC council and the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life.
- Formal expansions are subject to fall semester expansions.
- Headquarters Inquiry Process: Through Interfraterinty council receiving a letter of tent including a petition packet by a (inter)national headquarters or executive office.
- Headquarters inquiry expansions are subject to other ongoing expansions.
- Interest Group Process: Through Interfraterinty council receiving a formal petition for recognition by an interest group.
- Interest group expansions are subject to other ongoing expansions.
- Reinstatement Process: Through reviewing a formal petition for recognition by a group coming off a disciplinary loss of University recognition, after the organization has been approved university reinstatement committee.
- Interest group expansions are subject to spring semester expansions.
Any and all social men’s organization that expand under the purview of UW-Madison IFC must be nationally or internationally recognized, meaning no local chapters, and do not need to be members of the NIC but must be willing to follow all UW-Madison IFC bylaws, requirements, and policies.
Updated Expansion Policy is being voted on the by IFC council in early fall 2021, all expansion inquiries are currently on pause until final vote is taken.
For another further questions on IFC fraternity expansion, please reach out to IFC President, firstname.lastname@example.org and IFC Advisor, email@example.com.